We talk about environments—from the perfect gym to urban running—and their effect on our training mindset, and we discuss plateaus and winning the battle with your mind. Nick has big news, Jon ups his recording set up game with dramatic results, and inevitably somebody mentions Poundland and Toblerone.
- Will there be a posthumous release of the missing tapes?
- Please do not send us any reviews of armbands. Unless you’re going to say you don’t like them.
- Nick’s weight loss: Mission Accomplished
- BMI (body mass index) explainer and calculator.
- Rocky gyms / old school gyms / back street gyms… proper gyms
- I heart PB: some notes on Perry Barr, a place dear to Nick and Jon.
- Alexander Stadium, in Perry Barr, where Jon got training tips from heptathlete Denise Lewis.
- We’ve been recommended a book: Long Road, Hard Lessons: Ireland to Japan by Bicycle - A Gruelling Test of a Father and Son’s Relationship by Mark & Sam Swain.
- We will talk about running watches.
- Jon will clear his pins about running familiar routes and the 1997 Elizabeth College B String 1600 metres race.
- Nick will talk about yoga.
So be sure to subscribe…
You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, on Pocket Casts and Overcast or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at runnerpod.com where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and also Jon is trying to blog there too. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us @runnerpod @jonhickman or @ngmoreton. You can email us email@example.com.
Thanks to Podiant—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting You Don’t Look Like a Runner.