How do you choose the right swimming lane or the right pace group for a club run? We talk about the challenges and benefits of mixed ability group work and along the way we discuss fitting training into our lives. Nick owes Shelter a lot of money, Jon has joined a cycle gang by mistake, and we open a bitter feud with our favourite top tier podcaster.
- How clock speeds ruined Nick’s life.
- Even the experts have this problem and if they’ve fixed it they’re not sharing.
- Some specialist podcast production software: Hindenburg, Zencastr, Cast.
- Running groups UK wide: Park Run and Great Run Local.
- Shelter training plans (PDF): half marathon, marathon.
- Evans Fix It courses.
- Thank You Bicycle Repair Man.
- The cycle helmet debate.
- The peloton: here’s the scientists explaining it.
- A primer on bike tyres.
- SwimFit training cards.
- Jon’s embarrassing lycra problem.
- Nick pays his dues.
- Do By Friday’s personal attack on Jon.
You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, on Pocket Casts and Overcast or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at runnerpod.com where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and blog posts. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us @runnerpod @jonhickman or @ngmoreton. You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Podiant—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting You Don’t Look Like a Runner.