The perfect watch may be here, but we don’t know as the PR guy is on holiday. This week Nick apparently has nothing to say and yet we seem to have gone long again. We talk Apple Watch and FitBit Ionic, plan Jon’s retirement, and get in the buff(s). Nick doesn’t watch TV, Jon doesn’t watch the Internet, and we ask “Can you buy a tattoo from a corner shop”?
Whatever you want, we have it all this week.
- VM Footwear—Nick’s guy who does portraits on trainers but not on trains
- Apple Air Pods may be great for running after all. Denny from Diz Runs Radio gave us some notes, and we also read this “by a runner” review
- These are Buffs
- The other Nic in Jon’s life just ran the Thames Path Ultra—learn more about the run, and throw his fundraiser a buck here
- How Nick wears his Buff
- Find your craft beer name
- The Game
- The Game the film with Michael Douglas has turned 20
- Jon’s pal “invented” the game on the internet according to the Wikipedia entry
- Did Rick Parfitt know he was playing the game?
- The Apple event which announced the new watches and the iPhone X
- Jon doesn’t like the takes
- #holdconf—where the real work is the conversations in the bar afterwards
- Hello Internet
- The Gold Standard which is essential for understanding the plot of Goldfinger
- LTE Apple Watch
- At the time of writing, it’s still not clear how podcasts get on the darn thing
- Sexy time activity tracking
- It turns out that NHS Direct is actually not a thing any more and we probably meant NHS 111
- iPhone X and 8
- Franz Ferdinand—one of many bands which the UK music press were desperate would be a thing
- Acoustic versions of Pinegrove songs feature heavily in Jon’s non-millenial YouTube habits
- More on Pinegrove
- Being a dickhead is cool is great YouTube action
- The FitBit Ionic
- A side-by-side Apple Watch and Ionic review
- Tag Heur connected range of watches
- Apple Watch Hermès and Edition
- Podiant on Patreon
You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, on Pocket Casts and Overcast or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at runnerpod.com where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and blog posts. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us @runnerpod @jonhickman or @ngmoreton. You can email us email@example.com.
Thanks to Podiant—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting You Don’t Look Like a Runner.