You don't look like a runner
The Woke XI
Live from the echo chamber, Nick and Jon are back and woker than ever. This week we refine our sales pitch which can now be delivered by bike. We go deep on follow up, set some challenging goals, and go back to the drawing board on fitness watches. Nick has ordered new headphones, Jon just needs to try harder, and we wait for our advertising plans to go “woooosh” and _literally_ let all the air in.
## Show notes
* Graeme Le Saux was often cast as an outsider within football for his _Guardian_[reading sensibilities and "sensitive" nature](https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/may/15/newsstory.sport10). Here he is [discussing banter and changing room culture](https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/12/footballer-banter-donald-trump-locker-room-insults).
* We could be the [St Pauli](http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/08/18/football.st.pauli.punks/index.html) of village cricket
* Nick [should have gone and got a Grey Nicholls bat](http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/8550680/A-boyhood-dream-my-own-bespoke-bat.html)
* [The Tag smart watch can be traded for a proper one after 3 years](http://www.t3.com/reviews/tag-heuer-connected-watch-the-best-android-wear-watch-ever )
* [How to read and understand vo2 max](https://www.wareable.com/health-and-wellbeing/vo2-max-guide-understand-and-increase-789)
* A quick tour of [Garmin's stats dashboard](http://runreporter.com/running-gear-reviews/garmin/garmin-connect-review/). And [another one for good measure](https://www.wareable.com/garmin/how-to-run-better-with-garmin-connect "Link: https://www.wareable.com/garmin/how-to-run-better-with-garmin-connect").
* [Marco Arment on non-Apple podcast apps on Apple Watch](https://marco.org/2017/09/24/what-watch-podcast-apps-need "Link: https://marco.org/2017/09/24/what-watch-podcast-apps-need")
* [Some problematic advice on running—or stating the obvious, we don't know which](https://twitter.com/kyle_j_kranz/status/866070030676623360)
[ **Please consider checking your balls should you have them, or donating to support cancer charities**](http://itsinthebag.org.uk)
You can find us on [Apple Podcasts](https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner/id1259875775?mt=2), [Stitcher](http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner?refid=stpr), on [Pocket Casts](http://pca.st/YXAA) and [Overcast](https://overcast.fm/itunes1259875775/you-dont-look-like-a-runner) or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at [runnerpod.com](http://www.runnerpod.com/ "Link: http://www.runnerpod.com/") where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and [blog posts](http://runnerpod.com/b/). Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us [@runnerpod](http://www.twitter.com/runnerpod) [@jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman) or [@ngmoreton](http://www.twitter.com/ngmoreton). You can email us [email protected]
Thanks to [Podiant](http://podiant.co/)—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting _You Don’t Look Like a Runner_.
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner