You don't look like a runner
It's the cyanide, stupid
Is this the real life, or scripted reality? This week, we’re caught in a time travel paradox as Nick gets his wish for an evening record—and instantly regrets it. We talk marathon recovery, we discuss bat and poo memes, we get emotional about cricket, and we drink (responsibly). Nick proves that he’s a grown up, Jon proves that he’s not, and we deliver on our listener guarantee to be “increasingly infrequent” with our longest edit yet.
## This Week
* [Jon’s Rider](https://twitter.com/runnerpod/status/909028521955258368)
* The scientists _do_ say [that cashews are poisonous, sometimes](http://www.living-foods.com/articles/rawcashew.html)
* Amaretti Biscuits are made of [apricot kernels, and contain cyanide](https://www.robinsandsons.com/blogs/blog/180247431-history-of-amaretti-biscuit) and people used to like doing this [flying trick](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ppo21Enj0) with them.
* [Bat video](https://www.facebook.com/pg/tadhgflemingvideos/videos/)
* [Tinder date poo lady](http://mashable.com/2017/09/05/poop-tinder-date-fire-department/#y1hsB8FuFaqo)
* The Dennis Quaid movie [_Frequency_](http://mashable.com/2017/09/05/poop-tinder-date-fire-department/#y1hsB8FuFaqo)
* [Batter bits at the chippy](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scraps_\(batter\))
* Cramps, electrolytes, powders etc. [some thoughts here](https://www.runnersworld.com/health/how-to-treat-leg-cramps-while-running)
* Mile/km markers—how should they count? [Twitter poll](https://twitter.com/runnerpod/status/909037892915400704)
* [Running backwards is definitely not the new running forwards, but…](http://www.runnersgoal.com/5-unique-benefits-of-running-backwards/)
* [The photo of a lonely Jon crossing the finish line at the Guernsey Marathon](https://twitter.com/runnerpod/status/909033571213508609)
* [A VO2 max primer](https://runnersconnect.net/is-vo2-max-worth-spending-for/)
* RadioLab on [the Badminton match where both teams tried to lose](http://www.radiolab.org/story/lose-lose/)
* Jon can beat you at [Peteca](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249RVDpBbS0&app=desktop) unless you’re [pro Brazilian league](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQPSC3H1pJI&app=desktop). [Decathlon sell the kit](https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mega-shuttle-yellow-red-id_8335075.html) (assuming it’s the right season).
* We’d probably be happy if all television was [Trans World Sport](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_World_Sport)
* [Village cricket](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_cricket)
* [If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyhIsFshd1E)
* This [bluffer’s guide to cricket](https://deadspin.com/the-complete-guide-to-understanding-cricket-1788456326) may come in handy around the hour mark
* [Cricket fitness](http://www.pitchvision.com/how-is-match-fitness-different-from-gym-fitness#/) (and generally, being fit for the thing you want to do)
* [“Alright Dave”](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWybcrAbnc0&t=1m40s)
* Nick doesn’t look like a runner, he [looks like Delboy dressed as Batman](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bAdEf0pzc&t=2m0s)
* Back [Podiant’s Patreon](http://patreon.com/podiant "Link: http://patreon.com/podiant")
* [He drinks](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxbfw1BxhI)
You can find us on [Apple Podcasts](https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner/id1259875775?mt=2 "Link: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner/id1259875775?mt=2"), [Stitcher](http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner?refid=stpr), on [Pocket Casts](http://pca.st/YXAA) and [Overcast](https://overcast.fm/itunes1259875775/you-dont-look-like-a-runner) or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at [runnerpod.com](http://www.runnerpod.com/) where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and [blog posts](http://runnerpod.com/b/)—we've just published a bit by Jon called _[Ghosts](http://runnerpod.com/b/357b6f8a8af868/)_. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us [@runnerpod](http://www.twitter.com/runnerpod) [@jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman) or [@ngmoreton](http://www.twitter.com/ngmoreton). You can email us [email protected]
Thanks to [Podiant](http://podiant.co/)—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting _You Don’t Look Like a Runner_.
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner