You don't look like a runner
Alright, Fat Nick?
Things get pretty deep this week as Nick, celebrating a weight-loss milestone, talks about the problem of self image and how he works at getting over negative feelings about his weight from childhood. Jon plays the role of an unqualified psychiatrist (as he is not a psychiatrist at all he has gone full method on this). We also spend a lot of time talking about Nick's new Kindle, books we've been reading and looking at why Jon can run for hours but only swim for 20-minutes.
## This week we talked about:
* Nick has a new Kindle
* _[The Last Englishman](http://amzn.to/2sXilB7)_
* [The Pacific Crest Trail](https://www.pcta.org)
* Bill Bryson's _[Walk in the Woods](http://amzn.to/2uq8t79) _ and _[The Lost Continent](http://amzn.to/2sXAb74) _ although The book that Jon was talking about was actually _[Notes from a Big Country](http://amzn.to/2t9ZdEj)_
* [The Appalachian Trail](http://www.appalachiantrail.org/home/explore-the-trail)
* Nick's on the kettlebells again
* Losing love handles
* How our memories of being bigger shape how we relate to ourselves today
* The feeling of going XL to L
* Calorie counting—but your veg for free
* Using tech to track calories
* It takes a long time to learn your own metabolism
* Swimming as cross training on Jon's marathon plan
* [The lovely pool by Jon's work](http://www.aston.ac.uk/news/releases/2011/december/birminghams-oldest-working-swimming-pool-re-opens/)
* Picking a lane at the pool (by the way the pool is 25m not 15m, thanks a lot Nick)
* Seeing when you're swimming—a guide for spectacle wearers
* Tracking swimming: expensive trackers, and making do with what you have even if [it's a cheap Casio](http://amzn.to/2tawZZN)
Blue Apron still haven’t called yet but they or you can find us on Twitter @[ngmoreton](http://twitter.com/ngmoreton) and @[jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman) and the show is @[runnerpod](http://twitter.com/runnerpod)
Thanks to [Podiant](http://www.podiant.co)—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting You Don't Look Like a Runner.
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner