You don't look like a runner
Mark it zero, Jonny
## We have had listener feedback!
* Jenny says she gets what we’re doing but it’s not really for her. She also told us about the ITV documentary _[Trouble in Poundland](http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week25/trouble-poundland) _ and the fauxblerone—[Poundland’s own brand Brexit Toblerone](http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/poundland-selling-pre-brexit-toblerones-10647376).
* Steve tweeted us to recommend _What I Talk About When I Talk About Running_ by Haruki Marukami; “it helped me think about running in a new way”, he told us. Nick and Jon have committed to reading it soon and dedicating some airtime to chatting through it. Why not [buy a copy](http://amzn.to/2uZ5nHD) now so you can join in (it’s also available on Audible, so you can think about it while running).
* The book about running Matthew Inman (of _The Oatmeal_ ) is called _[The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances](http://amzn.to/2uudFpm)_
* This is what [Jon did on his stag do](http://monopolyboardpubcrawl.com)—but did he finish it?
* Ben says [_Wild_ by Cheryl Strayed](http://amzn.to/2urO9zu) is a way better book about the PCT than the terrible book Nick has been reading ( _[The Last Englishman](http://amzn.to/2sXilB7)_ , see [episode 2](http://runnerpod.com/e/3549fb61ce9574L/)). Ben knows books well—he runs a [newsletter](http://tinyletter.com/benjiw) for reading recommendations and it’s really nice to get each month.
* Nick and Jon have been [arguing about who loves High Fidelity the most](https://twitter.com/jonhickman/status/888997573389942785).
* Nick recommends _Accidental Billionaires_ on Audible (or [as a book](http://amzn.to/2vXwiQB)).
* If you have any feedback for us please tweet us @[runnerpod](http://www.twitter.com/runnerpod) or email [email protected]
## Jon’s marathon training
Jon is now on week 12 of a [16 week plan](https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/directory/r/running-programme-marathon), that means the marathon is 4 weeks from Sunday and he’s about to hit the tail end of training. Here’s what’s happened since last time:
* The second 15 miler in week 11 was nice
* The big 18 Miler in week 10 was less so. Perhaps that was down to [poor preparation](https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159039717785506&set=a.10150247752580506.472175.899120505&type=3&theater)?
* Jon’s been swimming again—but is 750m in 30 minutes any good?
* Treadmills are the worst
This week is mostly shorter runs, nothing over an hour, a mix of speed and easy, then a suggested half marathon race or a lonely 13 miler… but what is the point of the 10 minute run on Saturday?
## Nick’s friends are better than yours
Nick’s controversially been on holiday. He’s also:
* Taken up skateboarding with hilarious results.
* Run to and from the gym. It’s a thing.
* Potentially the weakest link in a circle of really talented friends. This is his [mate’s photography website](https://www.simoncleggphotography.com). That guy can whittle pens out of old skateboards ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯
Here’s a link to [the interview between Aziz Ansari and Fisher Stevens](http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/arts/television/aziz-ansari-on-acting-race-and-hollywood.html?_r=0&module=ArrowsNav&contentCollection=Television&action=keypress®ion=FixedLeft&pgtype=article) where they discuss Fisher blacking up to play an Indian scientist in the _Short Circuit_ movies.
And that's us for another episode.
Thanks to [Podiant](http://www.podiant.co)—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting You Don't Look Like a Runner.
You can find us on [Apple Podcasts](https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner/id1259875775?mt=2), [Stitcher](http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner?refid=stpr), [Pocket Casts](http://pca.st/YXAA) and [Overcast](https://overcast.fm/itunes1259875775/you-dont-look-like-a-runner) or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at [runnerpod.com](http://www.runnerpod.com) where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and also Jon is trying to blog there too. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us @[runnerpod](http://twitter.com/runnerpod) or you can email us [email protected]
Nick tweets @[ngmoreton](http://twitter.com/ngmoreton) and Jon is @[jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman).
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner