You don't look like a runner
Sons of Alvechurch
How do you choose the right swimming lane or the right pace group for a club run? We talk about the challenges and benefits of mixed ability group work and along the way we discuss fitting training into our lives. Nick owes Shelter a lot of money, Jon has joined a cycle gang by mistake, and we open a bitter feud with our favourite top tier podcaster.
## This week
* How [clock speeds ruined Nick’s life](https://protyposis.net/clockdrift/).
* Even the [experts have this problem](https://twitter.com/marcoarment/status/361592165257850882?lang=en) and [if they’ve fixed it they’re not sharing](https://twitter.com/ericleamen/status/408750535937110016?lang=en).
* Some specialist podcast production software: [Hindenburg](https://hindenburg.com/), [Zencastr](https://zencastr.com/), [Cast](https://tryca.st/).
* Running groups UK wide: [Park Run](http://www.parkrun.org.uk/) and [Great Run Local](http://www.greatrunlocal.org/).
* Shelter training plans (PDF): [half marathon](https://england.shelter.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/1322650/OBR-1272_Running_training_guide_half_marathon.pdf), [marathon](https://england.shelter.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/1322649/OBR-1272_Running_training_guide_marathon.pdf).
* Evans [Fix It](https://www.evanscycles.com/help/servicing/bike-maintenance-classes) courses.
* [Thank You Bicycle Repair Man](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U01xasUtlvw).
* [The cycle helmet debate](https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/mar/21/bike-helmet-cyclists-safe-urban-warfare-wheels).
* The [peloton](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8VYD7i-zw): [here’s the scientists explaining it](http://www.science20.com/small_world/what_peloton_and_how_does_it_work-30523).
* [A primer on bike tyres](https://totalwomenscycling.com/road-cycling/maintenance/the-demystifier-everything-you-need-to-know-about-tyres#yfyqgoCk37y1Gw8Y.97).
* [SwimFit training cards](http://swimfit.com/swimfit-activate/).
* [Jon’s embarrassing lycra problem](https://www.instagram.com/p/BVeniRkFMe-/).
* [Nick pays his dues](https://twitter.com/runnerpod/status/897105070784958465).
* [Do By Friday](http://dobyfriday.com/)’s personal attack on Jon.
You can find us on [Apple Podcasts](https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner/id1259875775?mt=2), [Stitcher](http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/you-dont-look-like-a-runner?refid=stpr), on [Pocket Casts](http://pca.st/YXAA) and [Overcast](https://overcast.fm/itunes1259875775/you-dont-look-like-a-runner) or anywhere you like to get podcasts. Please do subscribe and leave us some reviews. It’s a huge help and it’s nice to know that you care.
We are online at [runnerpod.com](http://www.runnerpod.com/) where you can look through old episodes, read show notes and blog posts. Comments, questions and thoughts please tweet us [@runnerpod](http://www.twitter.com/runnerpod) [@jonhickman](http://www.twitter.com/jonhickman) or [@ngmoreton](http://www.twitter.com/ngmoreton). You can email us [email protected]
Thanks to [Podiant](http://podiant.co/)—professional-grade podcast hosting at a price you choose—for supporting _You Don’t Look Like a Runner_.
Brought to you by Nick Moreton & Jon Hickman of You don't look like a runner